Trump Clinches Nomination

Posted on farcebook by a relative of my wife….

“I was kinda under the impression that a vast majority of Americans thought the 2020 election was the worst of the worst options presented to us, and a complete farce at that- and that was before all the "steal" business was brought up! Everybody complaining that they had to pick from "the lesser of the evils," and just holding their nose at the ballot box. And here we are, four years later DOING THE SAME DANG THING OVER AGAIN?

Definition of insanity, y'all, seriously 🤦‍♂️

"in 2016 i said i was holding my nose to vote for trump.... but
after i saw what he could do - voting for him again in 2020 was
no problem... ..... now when i hear people repeating the same
"holding their nose" mantra of 2016 - i can only think of one
thing to say...... ...."

negativewavespatch.jpeg
😁😜

Politicians are not our saviors.

A nation's candidates are a reflection of its populace.
To this I give a hearty AMEN, and in that vein, I think our general lack of civility and decency parallels one choice of candidate, and in the other I see a reflection of our continued slide into secularization on scale with the spiral down we've seen in other western civilization like Europe. Either way, it's a valid critique to ask with incredulity "how in the world did we get here, again"?

Posted on farcebook by a relative of my wife….

“I was kinda under the impression that a vast majority of Americans thought the 2020 election was the worst of the worst options presented to us, and a complete farce at that- and that was before all the "steal" business was brought up! Everybody complaining that they had to pick from "the lesser of the evils," and just holding their nose at the ballot box. And here we are, four years later DOING THE SAME DANG THING OVER AGAIN?

Definition of insanity, y'all, seriously 🤦‍♂️
We can only go with what is offered or not to vote at all. People are fickle and keep making the same mistakes over and over when it comes to picking our political leaders. UGH!

We can only go with what is offered or not to vote at all. People are fickle and keep making the same mistakes over and over when it comes to picking our political leaders. UGH!
I'm very pragmatic in general, including my politics, so I don't disagree with the idea of voting for "the lesser of two evils". I fully understand there will NEVER be a perfect candidate. Trump's policies were a real breath of fresh air for my voting tastes, so I have no issue holding my nose due to his personal obnoxiousness. Having said that, I think the digital trend that depicts our polarized lack of civility (and measured accurately in our politics and public interactions) is a problem worth addressing, so that we can urge others to do better. On a theological level, it's sorta like a comparison to the process of sanctification. Christ is the standard, which none of us will attain to perfectly in this world, but we are urged nonetheless to be perfect as He is. Our republic is worth not reducing to the least common denominator of saying "at least he gets the important policy stuff right, who cares if he is a butthole".

To this I give a hearty AMEN, and in that vein, I think our general lack of civility and decency parallels one choice of candidate, and in the other I see a reflection of our continued slide into secularization on scale with the spiral down we've seen in other western civilization like Europe. Either way, it's a valid critique to ask with incredulity "how in the world did we get here, again"?
You keep agreeing with me. ;)

I'm very pragmatic in general, including my politics, so I don't disagree with the idea of voting for "the lesser of two evils". I fully understand there will NEVER be a perfect candidate. Trump's policies were a real breath of fresh air for my voting tastes, so I have no issue holding my nose due to his personal obnoxiousness. Having said that, I think the digital trend that depicts our polarized lack of civility (and measured accurately in our politics and public interactions) is a problem worth addressing, so that we can urge others to do better. On a theological level, it's sorta like a comparison to the process of sanctification. Christ is the standard, which none of us will attain to perfectly in this world, but we are urged nonetheless to be perfect as He is. Our republic is worth not reducing to the least common denominator of saying "at least he gets the important policy stuff right, who cares if he is a butthole".
I take it one step further to question how our boorish thinking/behavior/rhetoric reflects on the name of Christ. My number one concern always.

I take it one step further to question how our boorish thinking/behavior/rhetoric reflects on the name of Christ. My number one concern always.
I have a new name for you. ytilivicrm.

From The Pilgrim's Progress, when Christian is admonished for heeding Mr. Worldly Wise Man and diverting to the Town of Morality:

Mr. Legality is a cheat! And as for his son Civility, notwithstanding his pleasant looks— he is but a hypocrite, and cannot help you either!
I think your judgment of one's zeal for the relative peace and safety, and, more importantly, the liberty and justice of his neighbors as boorish behavior and rhetoric, if you're being genuine, to be an overattention to appearances, rather self-righteous, and...well...kinda poopy.

I don't have to hold my nose in the voting booth. I have to hold it standing in line with you.

What we are doing in our political fight against the oppression of the Left, successful or not, is loving our neighbors as ourselves, which, according to Christ, is like unto loving God with all our being.

I think that reflects on Christ rather well.

I have a new name for you. ytilivicrm.

From The Pilgrim's Progress, when Christian is admonished for heeding Mr. Worldly Wise Man and diverting to the Town of Morality:

Mr. Legality is a cheat! And as for his son Civility, notwithstanding his pleasant looks— he is but a hypocrite, and cannot help you either!
I think your judgment of one's zeal for the relative peace and safety, and, more importantly, the liberty and justice of his neighbors as boorish behavior and rhetoric, if you're being genuine, to be an overattention to appearances, rather self-righteous, and...well...kinda poopy.

I don't have to hold my nose in the voting booth. I have to hold it standing in line with you.

What we are doing in our political fight against the oppression of the Left, successful or not, is loving our neighbors as ourselves, which, according to Christ, is like unto loving God with all our being.

I think that reflects on Christ rather well.
Just for clarity, your position is that Jesus would be right there with you calling people libtards et al.

You don't really mean that. Your concern over a politician's boorish behavior is of more concern than the government being ministers of justice to wield the sword?

Just for clarity, your position is that Jesus would be right there with you calling people libtards et al.
i would think it depends on the people.... . after all ....Jesus did call the money changers in the temple a bunch of thieves.... and He called the pharisees and saducees a generation of serpents and vipers..... the term libtard... (meaning a leftward leaning person of lower than average intellect...).... is actually mild by comparison.... :sneaky:

Last edited:
You don't really mean that. Your concern over a politician's boorish behavior is of more concern than the government being ministers of justice to wield the sword?
I’m talking about the boorish behavior of people claiming Christ.

The gleeful participation in such things by those who name the name of Christ is an opportunity for the unbelievers to blaspheme God.

Romans 1:32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

I’m talking about the boorish behavior of people claiming Christ.

The gleeful participation in such things by those who name the name of Christ is an opportunity for the unbelievers to blaspheme God.
Romans 1:32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
you ask me in another thread what reaction of yours i was talking about?.... here it is... i said you were looking in the direction of where you had gone before.... and now you have gone there..... . ... you are 1 step away from quoting posts with your pronouncments and condeming those of us who disagree with you where donald trump is concerned ... .... this is the same road we saw you go down before.... ...there comes a point where the unbridled zeal to disagree and make your point becomes active alienation of those you disagree with..... .is that your purpose?..... ...

Last edited:
I’m more concerned about many things that I am about a politician’s boorish behavior.

I’m still waiting for the name of the morally superior candidate Sub endorses so I can finally cast a morally superior vote.

Hallelujah!